As San Francisco moves deeper into Phase 2, the city is enforcing the use of face masks outdoors.
Beginning this Saturday, May 3oth these will be the places where you MUST where a mask:
- Outside when exercising and are within 30 feet of another person
- Outside when walking by someone on the sidewalk
- When preparing food for sale
- When indoors at a grocery store and doctor’s office or pharmacy
- When you use public transportation
You will not be required to use a face mask when:
- You are in a private office with no one else around
- Driving in a car alone or with family
- When you are outside and no one is within 30 feet of you
Exceptions will be made for children 12 and under, as well as for people with documented medical exceptions.