IKEA Shares Famous Meatball & Creamy Sauce Recipe!
By bigreid on April 21, 2020
How exciting! There’s more food to try and make at home.
So far we learned how to make Disney dole whip, Disney churros, and DoubleTree cookies!
Now, we can try and make Ikea’s famous meatballs and cream sauce. Yum!
This recipe is very easy and simple. For the meatballs you’ll need,
- 5 tablespoons of whole milk
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 100 grams of breadcrumbs
- 500 grams of ground beef
- 250 grams of ground pork
- Salt and pepper to taste
This should make around 16-20 meatballs.
Instructions on how to cook the meatballs is,
- Mix the ground beef and ground pork, make sure to break up any and all lumps.
- Add garlic, onion, breadcrumbs, egg and milk.
- Add milk with salt and pepper.
- Create small round balls and store in the fridge for 2 hours, this will help them keep their shape as they cook.
- Grab a frying pan and place oil into it. Have heat on medium and add meatballs when hot.
- Cook until brown on all sides.
- Move meatballs into the oven for 30 minutes while oven is at 350 degrees fahrenheit.
For Ikea’s cream sauce you’ll need the following,
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 40 grams of butter
- 150 ml of thick double cream
- 150 ml or beef stock
- 40 grams of plain flour
- 150 ml of vegetable stock
- a splash of oil
How to make the sauce,
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, and whisk in the flour for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef and vegetable stock. Continue to stir.
- Add the thick double cream, Dijon mustard and soy sauce into the pan.
- Lower heat and allow the sauce to thicken, then stir.