Yay! The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Shared Their Funnel Cake Recipe!
By bigreid on May 1, 2020
As the weather gets warmer and warmer, we can’t stop imaging about going to the beach, the fair, or just out in general.
One of the places we definitely miss going to is the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Which is still closed as of now, but thankfully they recently released the recipe for their delicious funnel cakes!
The ingredients you’ll need are:
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of water
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- squeeze bottle for batter
- add oil to a deep cast iron or an electric skillet, and make sure heat is at 375°F
- Mix your wet and dry ingredients into a large bowl, then mix with an electric mixer until smooth
- Transfer your batter into a squeeze bottle, then pour batter in a circular motion over oil.
- Cookie for 1 – 2 minutes, or til golden brown & puffy.
- Use tongs to remove your funnel cake and place on a plate that has paper towel to absorb the excess oil
- Top off your funnel cake with powder sugar, strawberries, chocolate, or whichever toppings you desire and enjoy!