Games On Video Conferencing Apps Are a Lot of Fun!
By on May 1, 2020
Earlier this week my sister in law and her boyfriend invited us to play games during our regular Google Hangouts. At first, my husband and I were suspect…What kind of games? How does it work? How do we know you’re not cheating? I know…sooo many questions and although I trust my SIL, I have reservations when engaging in any game with her. She’s competitive AF! But after she explained, we were totally down to play. We even invited a few more friends to play with us and had the best time last night!
We played the games Fibbage and Quiplash from Jackbox Games using their JackboxTV connection through your phone. Since my future brother in law (he just doesn’t know it yet) already purchased the games, all he had to do was get the rest of us on our Hangout to enter a code on our phones and voila! We were all connected and ready to play! The game happens on your laptop, tv or where ever your video conference is happening. You enter your answers for the games on your phone.
Video conference gaming is a great way to connect with your family and friends and gives you something to do while you’re catching up on each other’s days spent at home. Jackbox is good but there are so many more that you can play. Here’s a list of conferencing games. Some require a few steps but others are super easy and free!
- Jackbox Games https://www.jackboxgames.com/
- Random Trivia Generator https://www.randomtriviagenerator.com
- Scattergories https://swellgarfo.com/scattergories/
- Codenames https://www.horsepaste.com/
- Houseparty (video chat with built-in games) https://houseparty.com/
- Familiar Card Games (including a version of Cards Against Humanity called Remote Insensitivity) http://playingcards.io/