Big Bay Mornings
Weekdays 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM
After 10 years in promotions and marketing at radio stations in Austin, San Antonio and Dallas, I first hit the Bay Area airwaves in March 2005 as a call-in guest from Dallas to the new morning show of long-time friend Fernando. Three weeks later I sold everything that wouldn’t fit in to my car and drove from Texas to San Francisco to make my mark as Greg the Gay Sportscaster.
In addition to the morning show, I have been a member of Team in Training raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society since 2007 and have completed several marathons and half marathons. I’ve also tried my hand at stand up comedy and hope to get more experience on the big stage with the little mic.
And of course, I am a passionate sports fan of all my Texas teams. Although I gladly left Texas for Nor Cal, I couldn’t leave my love for Texas sports teams behind. I am a graduate of The University of Texas and am a diehard Longhorns, Cowboys, Mavericks and Rangers fan. But I have taken a liking to the Giants since moving to the Bay Area.
Greg’s Favorite Things:
- My Favorite Phrases: Hook’em Horns and “If they’re play’in with balls”
- My Favorite Color: Burnt Orange
- My Favorite Part of the Show: The weekly call with my mom Ginger
- Favorite Movies: House of Yes and Steel Magnolias
- Favorite People: Dolly Parton, Carrie Underwood, Cristiano Ronaldo