What Does Phase 2 Mean In The Bay Area ? – St. John
By Ellen Perez on May 15, 2020
Things continue to change here in the BAY, for now it seems like for the best as phase 2 begins . Some Bay Area Counties have already started this phase and some are starting early next week. Things can get a little confusing as it seems that Phase 2 is slit into two.
Phase 2 has been More updates to come but for now, here is a quick guide to what it means for us as far as shopping and eating out.
BAY ARE COUNTIES ENTERING PHASE 2
- Alameda (Monday)
- Contra Costa (Tuesday)
- San Francisco (Monday)
- San Mateo (Monday)
- Marin (Monday)
RESTAURANTS IN PHASE 2
- Restaurants are required to reconfigure seating to make tables at least six feet apart
- Prioritizing outdoor seating
- Employees and customers will need face coverings
- Restaurants will be providing disposable Menus
- No more shared food items such as condiment bottles
- Customers will need to fill their own takeout containers
- Alcoholic Beverages ok to be served as long as there is food
RETAIL STORES PHASE 2
- Retail Stores will be allowed to open starting Monday but only for deliver or curb side pick up.
- Retailers open for curbside pickup are allowed to have no more than 10 employees on site; if the store is small, no more than five.
WHAT IS STILL NOT ALLOWED
- Movie Theaters
- Gallery Spaces
- Community Centers
- Bars / Night Clubs
- Public Pools
- Picnic Areas
- Theme Parks