St John’s Thing To Know: Depending on the school districts, most schools will be opening up starting August and September.
On Monday, State Superintendent Tony Thurmond California Officials released a 55 page guideline for safely reopening schools. Here are some of the things that the state plans on doing and highly encouraged actions for schools to take to provide a safe environment for teachers and students.
The State Plans on supplying every school and child care center with:
- No Touch Thermometers
- Hand Sanitizer
- Face Shields for every teacher
- Cloth Face coverings for staff and Students
- N95 masks for health care professionals in School
State suggestions for opening schools include:
- Keeping students at least 6 feet apart (In classrooms, hallways and during reecess).
- Installing portable hand washing stations in class rooms and different areas of the school.
- Staggering arrival times for students to minimize contact.
- Serving meals in classrooms (or outdoors).
- Constant disinfecting frequently touched surfaces around the school and school bus.
- Limit the amount of visitors and volunteers.
- Students and Teachers must sanitize and wash hands before entering the campus.
These are a few guidelines and things you will see as the new school year comes around. Click <HERE> to see the full 55 page guidebook.”Stronger Together”